Landings seeks to have a variety of perspectives represented and welcomes submissions. The decision to print submissions is at the discretion of the editors.
- Please include the author’s name, hometown, affiliation, and phone number. The phone number will be used for verification of authorship; not for publication.
- Letters to the Editor should be 500 words or less.
- Guest Columns should be 550to 800 words and include a photo of the author if possible. Action photos or in-the-field photos are best!
- Deadline for submissions is the 15th of the month.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Melissa at PO Box 648, Rockland, ME 04841.
General Content Guidelines
Our audience includes lobstermen, lobstering families, coastal legislators, marine business owners, and people interested in the Maine coast. Please assume a high knowledge of lobstering and lobster industry-related issues. Guest Columns and Letters can be opinionated and challenging but not derisive.
Business or Non-Profit Organization Contributor Guidelines
Guest Columns should provide your organization’s or company’s perspective in relation to the lobster industry including technology, market, or regulatory trends or issues. We are interested in how your company/ organization is contributing to the lobster industry or how the lobster industry contributes to your company/ organization. Guest Columns should not be about your company’s products or organization’s “fee for” services. We are not interested in articles that promote specific services or products.
We love to see your photos of lobsters, lobstermen, scenery, or anything that you find interesting and pleasing to the eye. To see your photos in our newsletter or online send them to email@example.com. You can also post photos to our Facebook page to share with our followers! Please remember to include the following:
- the photographers name
- location of the photo
- description of the photo